Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Field trial v1, Emma's rules

Last evening we spent a great deal outside, as usual. It was already very dark when Emma suddenly came very proud to me! Tail wagging, oh well...extremely happy to show me something. Much to my horror, she had a pigeon wing in her mouth. I had been warned there was a dead pigeon somewhere in the bushes, so it was just a matter of time till Emma got there. Her senses are to the extreme, she can trace something from a significant distance. Wing removed from her mouth (I made her spit it out, my choice was NOT to touch the wing). She reluctantly did so, and wanted to get it back as soon as she spit it. Cody, a Labrador pup wanted it also!

If there is something worth finding, she does so. I.e. dead stuff, ...

2 comments:

  1. Ewwww, never met up with a pigeon!!! What did it taste like?!?! Leave it to the humans to ruin all the fun!! BOL!!!

    lotsa licks,
    Miley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miley,

    I did not eat! I retrieved it assuming we were hunting. I proudly brought the wing to mom! She made me spit it out :D

    ReplyDelete